This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
HEADSUP to Emacs users
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 13:36:30 -0400
- Subject: HEADSUP to Emacs users
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In a continuing effort to track down the cause of the mysterious crashes
that some Emacs users have reported, I'm now wondering if these are
caused by the stack being too small.
If you have been experiencing crashes, please issue the following
command (as administrator, while emacs is not running):
peflags -x0x80000 /usr/bin/emacs-*.exe
This increases the stack size to 8MB. And please let me know if you see
any improvement as a result.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple