This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fish PATH problem
- From: Dave Kilroy <kilroyd at googlemail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: glitchmr at myopera dot com
- Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2014 11:11:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: fish PATH problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8du93aldjf5p3r29dcibokhu4dgps0lv21 at 4ax dot com> <gk2a3aduk0idoqs1g1qjv3ij12gin3867p at 4ax dot com> <54350D2B dot 3050103 at gmail dot com> <BLU436-SMTP1501DF73E10EF914FF5A637E4A30 at phx dot gbl>
On 08/10/2014 18:36, Alive4Ever wrote:
So I just re-tested starting a fish login shell after updating cygwin64.
As I suspected, fish has not been updated since the thread I quoted (Apr
2014), and the issue remains (with my install). Google doesn't show the
maintainer on list since the announcement (Oct 2013), and his e-mail
bounces. Cc'ing anyway, just in case.
On Wednesday, October 08, 2014 11:08:43 AM you wrote:
Does that work. It seemed to have the same issue as noted in the
following thread https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-04/msg00111.html
It should work, although I don't recommend running cygwin apps directly
via wincmd, unless the underlying shell is invoked as interactive login
You can find the example of how to invoke cygwin correctly by looking at
Cygwin.bat file on cygwin root directory.
I'm aware of how to invoke login shells and start cygwin, thanks.
Andrew: appreciated if you can confirm whether simply invoking as a
login shell works for you.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple