This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ShellShock and Latest Version Problem
- From: René Berber <r dot berber at computer dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2014 15:38:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: ShellShock and Latest Version Problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <543050CF dot 1040306 at bellsouth dot net>
On 10/4/2014 2:55 PM, Dennis Putnam wrote:
> According to the cygwin web site the latest version that contains
> the shellshock patch is 1.7.32. I ran setup-x86_64.exe to get the
> latest patches but I wind up with version 1.7.16 and nothing later
> is found. My cygwin test indicates it is still vulnerable. How do I
> get 1.7.32 if not through setup? TIA.
Shellshock is related to the bash version, not the Cygwin version.
If you updated Cygwin and think you still have an older version (of
Cygwin), that probably means that you didn't stop all processes that
use the Cygwin dll.
Updating Bash doesn't affect, or depend, on the Cygwin dll.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple