This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: nslookup on cygwin64
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 17:02:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: nslookup on cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJtt6Bi8E7So+caJoOzp9Sqi+HrPRy-G_-82G2M_K-WjVsFY+g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 2014-10-03 16:11, Terris Linenbach wrote:
I have never seen "nslookup" to do anything on cygwin64. It exits
immediately. Works great on cygwin32.
If I load nslookup.exe in Dependency Walker, it says that
if_nametoindex is missing in iphlpapi.dll, which is a Windows DLL.
This doesn't happen with the 32 bit version which works fine.
Just a few minutes ago, I installed and updated every module including
bind-utils and verified the problem still occurs.
cygwin version is:
CYGWIN_NT-5.2 qd0032v1 1.7.32(0.274/5/3) 2014-08-13 23:06 x86_64 Cygwin
Actually, this works just fine on newer versions of Windows. The issue
here is that iphlpapi.dll on Windows XP x64 is missing this symbol, even
though it is present on 32-bit XP SP3, not to mention both 32- and
64-bit Windows Vista and newer.
I should be able to work around this, but it will be a little while
before I have a chance to get to it.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple