This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
locale -uU in ~/.profile
- From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew at DeFaria dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 10:53:41 -0700
- Subject: locale -uU in ~/.profile
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I recently debugged this. I share my home directory from a NetApp filer
such that I can use it from Cygwin or the various Linux machines at my
client (largely CentOS). Recently I started seeing:
locale: invalid option -- 'u'
Try `locale --help' or `locale --usage' for more information.
Hunting this down I found that I have a ~/.profile now (didn't have one
before) and contained therein is the following:
# Set user-defined locale
export LANG=$(locale -uU)
Turns out that on CentOS locale doesn't support -uU. Now this .profile
came from a refreshing of Cygwin. How best to handle this...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple