This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.3.2 (test version: run-1.3.3)
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 20:24:10 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.3.2 (test version: run-1.3.3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 878ulwe95z dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54258320 dot 40202 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Jon TURNEY writes:
> Any chance this can be promoted to current? It seems that --quote is
> necessary for commands of the form 'run /usr/bin/bash -l -c "command
> args"' to work, which are used quite a lot in X start menu items
> (e.g. see ).
It's possible (if tedious in some instances) to arrange for the correct
quotes to end up in the process arguments without that option. Shortcut
processing (we're talking a Windows shortcut here, right?) doesn't go
through shell, so I'd expect "\"...\"" to work in this particular case.
> I guess these start menu items used to work at some point in the past,
> so I assume there been some change in Cygwin command line processing
> which means this is now needed, but I can't track anything down...
Well, yours is the the first feedback since that release... I don't mind
releasing 1.3.3, but I'd hoped for some testers to give a thumbs up
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple