This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.3.2 (test version: run-1.3.3)
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 16:15:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: run-1.3.2 (test version: run-1.3.3)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 878ulwe95z dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 06/09/2014 22:22, Achim Gratz wrote:
1.3.3-1 (test release)
* src/run.c: New option "--quote", which auto-quotes arguments
containing whitespace or backslash characters.
Any chance this can be promoted to current? It seems that --quote is
necessary for commands of the form 'run /usr/bin/bash -l -c "command
args"' to work, which are used quite a lot in X start menu items (e.g.
I guess these start menu items used to work at some point in the past,
so I assume there been some change in Cygwin command line processing
which means this is now needed, but I can't track anything down...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple