This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: No file name completion for file names start with underscore
- From: Eliot Moss <moss at cs dot umass dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 22:19:05 -0400
- Subject: Re: No file name completion for file names start with underscore
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140918T010225-301 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140918T011028-898 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140918T012259-677 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140918000242 dot GA17489 at phoenix> <CACUHbYP+hmbvkVK_dO_C6H3QMLO3zGH+sK2fSovHox3XLUsWUQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <lvf9re$l0j$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140918T223627-193 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140918221943 dot GA22077 at phoenix> <loom dot 20140919T233113-212 at post dot gmane dot org> <357201998 dot 20140920082734 at mtu-net dot ru> <loom dot 20140925T001202-872 at post dot gmane dot org> <54234DC6 dot 3070302 at cs dot umass dot edu> <loom dot 20140925T221648-685 at post dot gmane dot org>
- Reply-to: moss at cs dot umass dot edu
On 9/25/2014 4:36 PM, Paul.Domaskis wrote:
Eliot Moss <moss <at> cs.umass.edu> writes:
On 9/24/2014 6:19 PM, Paul.Domaskis wrote:
Andrey Repin <anrdaemon <at> yandex.ru> writes:
Can anyone suggest how the bash-completion man page is acccessed, and
what M-/ means?
From googling, the meta key is Alt (simultaneously) or Esc (pressed
and released before the accompanying key). Using these to try and get
M-/, neither combination forces completion. In both cases, the entire
command line content is replaced by a forward slash.
Works for me, but I have 'set -o emacs' set in my bash. I wonder
if it is somehow dependent on using emacs style command line editing?
Regards -- Eliot Moss
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple