This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin install crashes & reboots without leaving a trace
- From: Arend Rensink <arend dot rensink at utwente dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 16:22:34 +0200
- Subject: Re: Cygwin install crashes & reboots without leaving a trace
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <27cfae84-98aa-4344-8efa-8d7dbb9e32c8 at email dot android dot com>
On 25-9-2014 15:13, Andrey Repin wrote:
Kaspersky "Antivirus" is notoriously known for protecting the users from
their computers. Also, ".Generic" is a sign that the detection was based on
Good guess, it's Kaspersky.
On 25-9-2014 16:10, Bob wrote:
You might try renaming setup-x86.exe to something less scary like
cygwin-myfriend.exe, and using --no-admin option if not already.
I tried both, without any luck.
In the meanwhile I convinced our admin I know what I'm doing (more or less)
so I've been given control over the virus detection settings. Problem solved.
Thanks for your help.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple