Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs-24.3.93-3 [TEST]

At 2014-09-13 18:21, Ken Brown was heard to say:
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution as
test releases:

*** emacs-24.3.93-3
*** emacs-X11-24.3.93-3
*** emacs-w32-24.3.93-3
*** emacs-el-24.3.93-3

Emacs is a powerful, customizable, self-documenting, modeless text
editor.  Emacs contains special code editing features, a scripting
language (elisp), and the capability to read mail, news, and more
without leaving the editor.

This is a pretest of the upcoming emacs-24.4, patched to make emacs
use Cygwin's malloc instead of the one provided by emacs.  See

for details.

This patch has been applied upstream in the emacs development trunk
but not in the emacs-24 branch, so it will not be included in the
official release of emacs-24.4.  Nevertheless, I would like to include
it in the emacs-24.4 package for Cygwin if it gets enough testing to
convince me that it's reliable.  Emacs users are strongly encouraged
to test it and report any problems.

Hi,

I still get the crashes related to a suspected stack corruption with this version. This new version was most likely not intended to address this problem, but I thought you might be interested anyway. I'll post the details to the Emacs bug list, as usual.

regards,
Markus

--
Markus Hoenicka