This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Git spurious dependency: rsync
- From: Adam Dinwoodie <adam at dinwoodie dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 23:48:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: Git spurious dependency: rsync
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20140904203427 dot GA6612 at dinwoodie dot org> <lvhn7i$anp$1 at ger dot gmane dot org> <1411147083 dot 4932 dot 3 dot camel at YAAKOV04> <20140919203006 dot GA22543 at dinwoodie dot org> <CAAXzdLXdTLWBgHBSwFgS_AN4evTRy=zGHTh-7bC1Y4ABhQqicw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:02:18PM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
> > Also, (I suspect) more commonly, for the rsync protocol used for
> > git-clone and friends. See under "Git URLs" in `git help clone`.
> I thought libcurl did that...
As far as I can tell, libcurl doesn't support the rsync protocol.
Looking at the Git test suite, t5510 will only perform the tests that
check syncing using the rsync protocol if rsync is installed, which
would strongly imply to me that rsync is a requirement to use the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple