This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Git spurious dependency: rsync
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:18:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: Git spurious dependency: rsync
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 20140904203427 dot GA6612 at dinwoodie dot org> <lvhn7i$anp$1 at ger dot gmane dot org>
On Fri, 2014-09-19 at 11:56 -0500, RenÃ Berber wrote:
> Updating cygwin today git version 2.1.0-1 is pulling rsync.
> From git's documentation (i.e. no mention of rsync):
> "To install Git, you need to have the following libraries that Git
> depends on: curl, zlib, openssl, expat, and libiconv."
> There's also no mention on the release notes.
> Is this a dependency error?
No, rsync is required for git archimport.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple