This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packages up for adoption
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:56:23 -0600
- Subject: Re: Packages up for adoption
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHJv4dmKs=USE51uj3vL8dDDsFNV7cUzHLuFQKKNVzg6SerBQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9/18/2014 11:44, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
I'm looking for any volunteers to take over
maintainership of the following packages: mksh
I'm also somewhat interested in this one. I've never been a Korn shell
user, but I recently learned about mksh and its place in Bourne family
shell history.  Only a ksh93 package would be more valuable, but
until someone adopts that, I think mksh still has a place in Cygwin.
1. Where is the source package? setup.exe doesn't offer it.
2. Have you cygported it yet? I built it from the official tarball, and
while it has a primitive non-Autotools build system, it looks compatible
3. Other than time, is there a reason you haven't released R50b yet? It
seems to pass its own test suite here, so if I adopt it, I'm committing
to releasing R50b shortly, unless there are traps I haven't discovered.
4. What do you think about replacing mksh in Cygwin with ksh93? It
seems OSS-enough to make Red Hat happy. 
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple