This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Packages up for adoption
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:31:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: Packages up for adoption
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHJv4dmKs=USE51uj3vL8dDDsFNV7cUzHLuFQKKNVzg6SerBQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 9/18/2014 11:44, Chris Sutcliffe wrote:
I'm looking for any volunteers to take over
maintainership of the following packages: ... hexedit
I could do hexedit.
I downloaded the source package, and was happy to see that you'd
cygported it already. It looks to be pretty rarely updated, which is
nice from a maintainership standpoint.
I have a couple of questions:
1. There doesn't seem to be a mailing list for the project at its home,
which is now http://rigaux.org/ (The cygport file gives an older URL.)
How do you learn about new releases?
2. I built it from the cygport, and the result seems to work, except
that the function keys aren't being interpreted correctly. Is this a
problem in MinTTY, in the terminal protocol I've selected (xterm-color),
or in hexedit? If the latter, I think I'm signing up to release a -2 to
3. Is there a good reason for this to remain in the distro along with
bvi, other than "it's not vi"?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple