This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...
- From: Steven Dennis <nzdreamer55 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 07:16:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJipp7famUyvOEysLofd4JEYG6ZJcOdYjAReqWOqODsP=citXA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJipp7d+mNkG0x9PpJu1A5hhUQBAdREgvXBcVt5VhFQoyOznOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <541629B2 dot 2060403 at acm dot org> <CAJipp7e=eMLCxPoEa_nNFfQEqZV+=oXZ2Jf2TvKWmwXVzjo5ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <54164C02 dot 3030806 at acm dot org> <CAJipp7e7TpiaumFjU0jF1DYECPs=Y5AcczLk8_uvQz+kkhJZDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJipp7fD7RqLca7Ce9wzDs2y_Z5L32S=qp5ee5K=r-FYQgAQ9w at mail dot gmail dot com> <54171E4D dot 8030303 at acm dot org>
So I am running from the Mintty window commands. I will try the ssh
-vvv and looking into the log soon. I have developed another issue
that I think is linked to me trying to set up the ssh server. I seem
to have created more users on my windows computer, but not in the
windows user account area only when it comes to the properties of
folders and files. I don't seem to be able to open a folder that was
created when I ran rsync. No matter what elevation I try in windows I
cannot gain access to the folder called download. I cannot change the
permissions for the folder either (see the picture link)
How can I go about accessing this folder?
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:13 AM, David Rothenberger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Steven Dennis wrote:
>> So I went to
> I don't recommend following third-party instructions about how to make
> Cygwin work. There's plenty of good experienced people on this list
> willing to help and third-party instructions are notoriously unreliable.
>> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Steven Dennis <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Forgot to include this
>>> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
>>> Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
>>> Write failed: Broken pipe
> Are you running this from a Mintty window?
> The next thing I would try is "ssh -vvv". The debug output may give you
> a clue as to what is going wrong. You should also look at
> /var/log/sshd.log and the Windows Event Viewer for clues.
> David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
> It is inconceivable that a judicious observer from another solar system
> would see in our species -- which has tended to be cruel, destructive,
> wasteful, and irrational -- the crown and apex of cosmic evolution.
> Viewing us as the culmination of *anything* is grotesque; viewing us
> as a transitional species makes more sense -- and gives us more hope.
> - Betty McCollister, "Our Transitional Species",
> Free Inquiry magazine, Vol. 8, No. 1
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple