This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...
- From: David Rothenberger <daveroth at acm dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:13:49 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fwd: Need help port forwarding with ssh and cygwin...
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJipp7famUyvOEysLofd4JEYG6ZJcOdYjAReqWOqODsP=citXA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJipp7d+mNkG0x9PpJu1A5hhUQBAdREgvXBcVt5VhFQoyOznOw at mail dot gmail dot com> <541629B2 dot 2060403 at acm dot org> <CAJipp7e=eMLCxPoEa_nNFfQEqZV+=oXZ2Jf2TvKWmwXVzjo5ew at mail dot gmail dot com> <54164C02 dot 3030806 at acm dot org> <CAJipp7e7TpiaumFjU0jF1DYECPs=Y5AcczLk8_uvQz+kkhJZDQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJipp7fD7RqLca7Ce9wzDs2y_Z5L32S=qp5ee5K=r-FYQgAQ9w at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Steven Dennis wrote:
> So I went to
I don't recommend following third-party instructions about how to make
Cygwin work. There's plenty of good experienced people on this list
willing to help and third-party instructions are notoriously unreliable.
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Steven Dennis <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Forgot to include this
>> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
>> Warning: Permanently added 'localhost' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
>> Write failed: Broken pipe
Are you running this from a Mintty window?
The next thing I would try is "ssh -vvv". The debug output may give you
a clue as to what is going wrong. You should also look at
/var/log/sshd.log and the Windows Event Viewer for clues.
David Rothenberger ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
It is inconceivable that a judicious observer from another solar system
would see in our species -- which has tended to be cruel, destructive,
wasteful, and irrational -- the crown and apex of cosmic evolution.
Viewing us as the culmination of *anything* is grotesque; viewing us
as a transitional species makes more sense -- and gives us more hope.
- Betty McCollister, "Our Transitional Species",
Free Inquiry magazine, Vol. 8, No. 1
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple