This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: emacs no longer works for me under cygwin
- From: Matthew Cummings <matthewcummings516 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 13:56:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: emacs no longer works for me under cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALJck0MqQgUFZxO41i_uAGLONLhfceyq_zW9tL1ZFz-H5rAF=g at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Matthew Cummings
> I'm running 64bit Windows 7, a relatively new OS install. I've been
> using the 64bit version of Cygwin for about a month now on this
> machine, including the emacs that ships with it.
> I haven't changed any part of my cygwin/emacs configuration in the
> past few weeks but starting today, emacs has been in a state where it
> will not load directories in dired and will not open most text files.
> It seems that only text files with a .txt extension will open in emacs
> I've tried running "emacs <filename>" and ctrl-x ctrl-f from a running
> emacs instance. The operation appears to hang emacs indefinitely.
> I did accept a few Windows updates when I rebooted last night d but
> otherwise I'm not aware of any other changes that could have caused
> this problem.
> I love Cygwin btw and very much appreciate everything you (the Cygwin
> team) do for this project.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple