This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gdb failing to import backtrace module
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 14:40:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: gdb failing to import backtrace module
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140909T024353-201 at post dot gmane dot org>
On 2014-09-08 20:04, Aidan Gauland wrote:
I am trying to run a non-cygwin program in gdb, and when I enter the `run`
command, I get the following error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/gdb/auto-load/usr/bin/cyggobject-2.0-0.dll-gdb.py", line
9, in <module>
from gobject import register
File "/usr/share/glib-2.0/gdb/gobject.py", line 3, in <module>
ImportError: No module named backtrace
gdb continues to run the program as expected, but the backtrace commands are
I tried reinstalling the Cygwin package "gdb" and rerunning, but the problem
persisted. Is this a problem with my Cygwin GDB installation, and if so,
how can I fix it?
This is actually an upstream issue due to an API change in gdb-7.7:
I'm building a glib2.0 update now that includes the latest upstream
changes for the gdb scripts, which should fix this error message.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple