This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "su" command removed / coreutils-8.23-2
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 22:33:53 -0500
- Subject: Re: "su" command removed / coreutils-8.23-2
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54123413 dot 9070001 at muehle-home dot de> <5412351A dot 8060107 at muehle-home dot de> <5412659A dot 7030009 at muehle-home dot de>
On 2014-09-11 22:16, Denis Mühle wrote:
i need "su" to start my services as seperate user,
because i have a webinterface to manage my services for both Linux and
Windows and it needs the "su" command.
- will the "su" command come back to cygwin?
I don't know. The coreutils 'su' was removed upstream; nowadays 'su' is
provided by util-linux, but that version requires PAM.
- or is there a alternative workaround? ( without password / login )
You can run sshd on the machine, then use ssh to login as another user.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple