This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
The -X option to unzip-6.00 does not work.
- From: Joe Smith <joeinwap at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 03:53:25 -0700
- Subject: The -X option to unzip-6.00 does not work.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On Unix, support restoration of 32-bit
UID/GID data using the new "ux" IZUNIX3
extra field introduced with Zip 3.0.
The -X option does not work as advertised.
Problem: Files extracted with unzip-6.00.12fc20 are owned by root:root
even when -X is specified.
Diagnosis: The code for -X depends on preprocessor definitions that
are never defined.
See comment #5 in
'Does "unzip -X" work in Info-ZIP UnZip 6.00?'
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple