This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: latest cygwin: 'run' problem
- From: Gary Johnson <garyjohn at spocom dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 13:12:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: latest cygwin: 'run' problem
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5405C013 dot 7030503 at verizon dot net> <87a96hrki4 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54060378 dot 2070108 at gmail dot com> <5406680D dot 4030105 at verizon dot net> <540761FA dot 1040902 at verizon dot net> <87ppfcqyc7 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <540A600A dot 6090201 at verizon dot net> <540A6817 dot 9080207 at verizon dot net>
On 2014-09-05, Gerry Reno wrote:
> To clarify this request a bit:
> Both run-1.2.0-1 and 1.3.1-1 are broken. Neither one properly runs a command.
> The only recent package that actually worked was run-1.3.0-1.
That has not been my experience. In my experience, run-1.2.0-1
works fine but 1.3.0-1 was broken, so I've been "keep"ing 1.2.0-1 on
my system until I hear that run has been fixed.
I'm sorry I don't have details on the problem with 1.3.0-1. It
would just not work with the commands I was trying to execute. I
believe there was some discussion about the issues on this list at
the time 1.3.0-1 was released. I'm at home at the moment and away
from my Windows system so I can't experiment or look at the run
commands I use.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple