This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: vim can't write /etc/hosts
- From: Darik Horn <dajhorn at vanadac dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 22:33:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: vim can't write /etc/hosts
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKf2h5SeYQ_Gg0u7ERH6ejZoXDwbPEB_ngpLzUO3qEexJYb0tA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Frank Fesevur
> Why can't vim write the file, or even better the symlinked file? I'm
> quite sure editing the symlink works in Win7, but can try tomorrow.
Starting "C:\Cygwin\bin\mintty.exe" through a "Run As Administrator"
context doesn't produce an elevated bash prompt on my Windows 8
Starting the "Command Prompt (Admin)" shortcut instead and running
"C:\Cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login" inside should give you the expected
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple