This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/usr/local/bin symbolic link disappears every time cyg setup is run
- From: Dat Head <dathead2 at gmail dot com>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 17:19:54 -0400
- Subject: /usr/local/bin symbolic link disappears every time cyg setup is run
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a symlink from /usr/local/bin to /3TB-external/bin/CYGWIN to keep
architecture independent bin files on an external drive for portability.
every time I run cyg setup.exe it removes the symlink and creates an
empty /usr/local/bin directory - is it really supposed to do that?
are there some cygwin pkgs (none that I have installed because it has
never put anything there) that put files there? (even if there are,
it shouldn't zap the symlink)
CYGWIN_NT-6.1 frog2 1.7.30(0.272/5/3) 2014-05-23 10:36 x86_64 Cygwin
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple