This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:24:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Windows Server 2012R2 64bit and 32bit Cygwin sshd
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8761hphfps dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <loom dot 20140902T134545-288 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140902140751 dot GD6056 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I have no idea what could be wrong in your environment, sorry.
Some more information: up until the check for /etc/nologin everything works.
Things fall apart when sshd tries to switch to the user logging on. I've
traced this again, sshd apparently then tries to use the user token to set
the primary group and gets the predictable error "0xC000005B --
STATUS_INVALID_PRIMARY_GROUP". The 64bit sshd catches the resulting
exception in that same pid, sets errno and then goes on to switch the uid.
In 32bit the exception winds up in the parent process instead and leads to
the termination of the connection. The seteuid32 call is never initiated.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple