Re: strnicmp no longer defined in snapshots

On 8/30/2014 12:34 PM, Ken Brown wrote:
The definition of strnicmp has been removed from /usr/include/string.h.
  But I don't see any mention of that removal in the newlib ChangeLog,
so I'm wondering if the removal was deliberate.

More precisely, the ChangeLog entry just says, "Improve language and OS standard guards."

strnicmp is used in the emacs-w32 sources.  I can obviously patch emacs
to add the definition, but I thought I'd check first and make sure that
it was intentionally removed.