This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- From: Ken Brown <kbrown at cornell dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 15:36:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87wq9v9j2y dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <53FD0662 dot 5050208 at cornell dot edu> <20140827084245 dot GD20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53FDD4A8 dot 5050401 at cornell dot edu> <loom dot 20140827T170804-533 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140828T085927-71 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140828095524 dot GO20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20140828131832 dot GT20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140828T172529-396 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140829T115632-276 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140829110938 dot GD20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <5400C19D dot 4070408 at cornell dot edu> <87ha0vhzge dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On 8/29/2014 3:23 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
With the latest snapshot I can't start the sshd service. The
Application Log just says, "`sshd' service stopped, exit
status:255". The problem doesn't occur with the 2014-08-27 snapshot.
I guess this has something to do with the new permissions on various
files, but I'm not sure which ones.
Off the top of my head for the standard installation:
When you try to debug the sshd, IIR these are the files that must be
chown'ed to the admin user that runs sshd from the terminal. Running in
debug mode (either from the terminal or via sshd_config) should produce
messages which file or directory sshd is choking on.
I just checked /var/log/sshd.log. (I hadn't thought to do that before.)
The last message in it is, "/var/empty must be owned by root and not
group or world-writable." So the problem seems to be that /var/empty
appears to sshd to be group writable under the latest snapshot. This is
the "downside" that Corinna mentioned. What needs to be done to
/var/empty to fix this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple