This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing
- From: Sam Townsend <stownsend42 at sbcglobal dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:35:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: Installing Cygwin on Server 2012 R2 failing
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1409239437 dot 97906 dot YahooMailNeo at web181101 dot mail dot ne1 dot yahoo dot com> <997022729 dot 20140828210949 at yandex dot ru>
- Reply-to: Sam Townsend <stownsend42 at sbcglobal dot net>
Thanks for your rather quick response.
> man-db failures on a new install are a known issue.
> There was some discoveries that might help the situation, once relevant
> packages are reuploaded, but for now, you can try manually running update
> command with -dc switch.
What is the update command to which you are referring?
> What to
> > Creating /etc/fstab.d directory failed.
> > Please fix that manually.
> are you running setup as admin?
Yes, I am running it as administrator. I really don't understand why it would be unable to create that directory.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple