This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 15:27:38 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E4D01B dot 9010005 at cornell dot edu> <53F1F154 dot 1020702 at cornell dot edu> <53FB87DC dot 2050908 at cornell dot edu> <87wq9v9j2y dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <53FD0662 dot 5050208 at cornell dot edu> <20140827084245 dot GD20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53FDD4A8 dot 5050401 at cornell dot edu> <loom dot 20140827T170804-533 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140828T085927-71 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140828095524 dot GO20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20140828131832 dot GT20700 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> Since the CLASS_OBJ and DEF_CLASS_OBJ entries only exist if secondary
> user and group (default) entries exist, that means the default
> permission entry only consists of 3 ACEs. This in turn means, the
> constant MIN_ACL_ENTRIES changed from 4 to 3.
> This might negatively affect coreutils, at least `ls', even though in my
> local testing it looked all normal.
> Please test.
This fixes the "read-only" problem in Emacs (so that hunch was correct).
Perl still doesn't play, but I think the 5.18 version should get it correct.
Will need to switch a test installation over for that, though.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple