This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsyncd broken
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 10:22:09 +0200
- Subject: Re: rsyncd broken
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKf2h5QUACgams++7Vm9N2uCP63hY2m5wvEDhe_odeSioSA-fg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKf2h5Q8XRw5=uknicb6ObVxXN8zt9SDoaXvg_Hhd7hBDADn+w at mail dot gmail dot com>
2014-08-25 9:46 GMT+02:00 Frank Fesevur:
> 2014-08-22 14:42 GMT+02:00 Frank Fesevur:
>> I will try a self build vanilla rsync.exe 3.1.1 this weekend or early
>> next week and see how that works.
> I have tried my own build 3.1.1 last night and it fails with the same
> errors. I will investigate this.
Made a bit of progress. When I comment out the lines uid = 0 and gid =
0 from my /etc/rsyncd.conf v3.1.1. seems to work again, although I
haven't tried on our production server yet. I rather wait with that
until the weekend when there is not much to backup. I have not found
out why this behavior has changed since v3.0.9.
Another thing that surprises me is that the setuid() fails with an
errno 5, which is EIO. That error is not mentioned on this man page
http://linux.die.net/man/2/setuid What do you think? Is this setuid()
error a cygwin specific problem or should I ask upstream?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple