About cygstart in Cygwin64

When I had WinXP32 and Cygwin32, I defined an alias (in .bashrc) like this

  alias cygstart='TEMP=/home/$USER/Temp cygstart'

where /home/$USER/Temp was a symlink to the user native Temp directory (/cygdrive/c/Documents and Setting/Local/Temp, if I remember..)

The reasons for that alias with TEMP=/home.. in front, were that, opening documents with Windows native applications (for example, a PDF with AR), all temporary files that those applications created were saved in the Windows native Temp directory. And all this worked..

Now with Win7U and Cygwin64 I defined a similar alias, being /home/$USER/Temp the symlink

  /home/$USER/Temp --> /cygdrive/c/$USER/AppData/Local/Temp

In this case, all temporary files created by Windows native applications, started with cygstart, go in /tmp Cygwin directory.., i.e. the definition "TEMP=/home/$USER/Temp" in front of cygstart command is ignored..

This is a minor issue but I wonder if there is a way to avoid it.

TIA,
 Angelo.