This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: git-2.0.4-1
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Michelle Pace <michelle at michellepace dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:00:55 +0400
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: git-2.0.4-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot CA+kUOanWGOMhrdXKoDsEsAaouN3QOF7-Poi8Ri7FqA_Tb_MH9g at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAKQqbyksqeMcWveQqdMuYhqPmfD8bhTv61UsaUYmqF8eVWrJ2w at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Michelle Pace!
>> Version 2.0.4-1 of Git has been uploaded
> Thanks for the announcement Adam.
> I was not able to update git via any of the below 3 approaches. Could
> you please advise how I should update to V2 ?
The usual "…and should be available on a mirror near you shortly" was implied.
Just wait a day or pick a different mirror, where it is already available.
> Re-ran cygwing setup.exe using mirror
> http://mirrors.syringanetworks.net but only v 1.7.9 was available
> $ apt-cyg update git
> $ git --version
> git version 1.7.9
> $ cygcheck -p 'git'
> cygcheck: unable to contact cygwin.com site, InternetOpenUrl() failed:
> The operation timed out (win32 error 12002)
Andrey Repin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 25.08.2014, <16:58>
Sorry for my terrible english...