This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Prompt at bottom of terminal
- From: Michelle Pace <michelle at michellepace dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 10:02:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: Prompt at bottom of terminal
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKQqbykzOxUfvPMuvjjAWr9OABfH72_oxDkunCHZrLuD1aQ-=w at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAEhDDbCj2j1xsChKtFaDR_EbqLvP3oS8wX5L1H-g2Kj1CC0fqA at mail dot gmail dot com>
Thanks Csaba for your suggestion, but it doesn't work for me :(
On 25 August 2014 09:24, Csaba Raduly <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 7:58 AM, Michelle Pace wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> This would seem a somewhat arbitrary question but it is driving me
>> crazy. The prompt on my terminal starts from the bottom of the
>> terminal. Could anyone tell me how I get it to start from the top left
>> hand corner like "normal"?
>> The Target of the icon which I use to start cygwin with is:
>> C:\cygwin64\bin\mintty.exe -i /Cygwin-Terminal.ico -
> Here's an untested suggestion: call reset from your login script (
> ~/.profile or ~/.bash_profile ).
> When I call reset manually, I always end up with the prompt at the top.
> GCS a+ e++ d- C++ ULS$ L+$ !E- W++ P+++$ w++$ tv+ b++ DI D++ 5++
> The Tao of math: The numbers you can count are not the real numbers.
> Life is complex, with real and imaginary parts.
> "Ok, it boots. Which means it must be bug-free and perfect. " -- Linus Torvalds
> "People disagree with me. I just ignore them." -- Linus Torvalds
> Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
> FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
> Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
> Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple