This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: HEADSUP: OpenSSH 6.7 drops tcpwrapper support
- From: "D. Boland" <daniel at boland dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 20:28:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: HEADSUP: OpenSSH 6.7 drops tcpwrapper support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140818115352 dot GC2280 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi folks,
> Just a HEADSUP to all of you actively using the tcp_wrappers/libwrap
> functionality in sshd:
> Starting with the next OpenSSH version 6.7, which will be released soon,
> upstream removed support for tcp_wrappers/libwrap from the sources.
> While that's bad from a compatibility point of view, the upstream
> developers are adamant about this change for security reasons.
Can you point me to any documentation about this?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple