This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd default user PATH
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at NexGo dot DE>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:08:42 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: sshd default user PATH
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140814T113926-374 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140814112006 dot GA22411 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <loom dot 20140814T134740-103 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140814T145621-877 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140814151901 dot GB25497 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> That means the patch to sshd isn't that important. Nevertheless, I
> just released cygrunsrv-1.60-1, which prepends /bin to $PATH.
> Funny enough, the README file claimed that /bin gets prepended to $PATH
> since the early days. Just the actual code didn't follow suit :-P
The help output from the command still talks about adding it to PATH, so
that may actually have been intentional: prepending /bin might mess up
things if someone actually wants to get something in front. All things
considered, I suggest that cygrunsrv doesn't fiddle with the PATH if an
explicit PATH environment has been given on the command line, but prepends
it to the PATH if it gets inherited from Windows.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple