This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd default user PATH
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:38:26 +0400
- Subject: Re: sshd default user PATH
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <loom dot 20140814T113926-374 at post dot gmane dot org> <20140814112006 dot GA22411 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <20140814121700 dot GA25497 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!
> There's a problem. On Cygwin it's not /etc/default, but /etc/defaults.
> Note the trailing "s".
You're confusing /etc/default/ (a directory with default initial values for
runtime/startup configurations of [mainly] daemons), which could and SHOULD be
changed to suit system needs and Cygwin's /etc/defaults with pristine copy of
installation environment, which not supposed to be touched by anything, but
> OpenSSH only provides support for /etc/default/login with no way to
> influence the name or path. This would require a patch to openssh just
> for the sake of Cygwin. I asked upstream, but I don't expect that this
> will be changed any time soon.
I don't expect it to be changed at all, since there's nothing needs to be
These two directories serve completely different purposes.
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 14.08.2014, <16:32>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple