This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Fwd: How to run windows cmd without cygwin
- From: Haris Hashim <harishashim at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 20:41:30 +0800
- Subject: Fwd: How to run windows cmd without cygwin
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAJHafhjjtJx857mNoBW_VkfBbrwX_pLj-8vdrVQadp=nK04Jrg at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: harishashim at gmail dot com
I have been using cygwin for several years now and love it.
However at the moment I need to run windows command shell (i.e. the
cmd) clean and pure without cygwin.
For instance if I click start, type cmd and enter, I will open the cmd
shell. With cygwin installed, this command shell can be used to
execute linux/unix command like ls, grep, env and such.
I need this cmd shell to be returned back to original windows cmd
shell without the cygwin part. And without having to install cygwin.
Best if I can somehow turn on and off the cygwin part as needed.
Thanks in Advance
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple