This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Configure error while installing musrfit ('C compiler cannot create executables')
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 20:09:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: Configure error while installing musrfit ('C compiler cannot create executables')
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E9B70A dot 6030006 at gmx dot de>
On 12/08/2014 07:41, Philipp wrote:
When it comes to
however, I get following error message:
configure:3985: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
This is a complete shot in the dark, but are you perchance using Norton
Anti-Virus? I came across a similar problem configuring xmlstarlet a
couple of days ago. When it came to the configure line 'checking whether
we are cross compiling...' Norton blocked 'conftest.exe' claiming it
contained a trojan, and the configure exited in a similar fashion to
what you described.
I managed to dodge the problem with an autoreconf; if that doesn't work,
try disabling your anti-virus just while './configure' is running.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple