This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Same mirror data with both Cygwin setup.exe?
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 22:54:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: Same mirror data with both Cygwin setup.exe?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DUB406-EAS410CE43DC568602149A666BB0ED0 at phx dot gbl>
On 11/08/14 21:57, Gery . wrote:
Is it advisable to run both Cygwin 32- and 64-bit setup installers with the same downloaded set of packages from a unique mirror? I have 6GB data downloaded from a mirror, I downloaded that while running step 64-bit installer.
If you used setup-x86_64.exe to do the downloading then that will have
downloaded 64-bit packages only. If this is the case then you will have
some more downloading to do to get the 32-bit packages. However, you
don't have to do a full install - if you select only those packages you
need during the installation process then that will reduce the amount
you need to download.
But otherwise, you can install 32-bit and 64-bit Cygwin side-by-side,
and from the same mirror.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple