This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 17:42:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUZ-0iR4NR2j30UPJpmr4LfPtqBXfPtc7vh-nY3ZfF9Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140527221151 dot GA6521 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5395D00C dot 1080704 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLWmmQEvwpGFcraT=7+hwfYWRzGbj4YxegAoWScZ46-jfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140617142906 dot GE7138 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVFNcyFRbWoWGTAaDj8C=LqvMnZQbNgDfTYCeoM=3sUfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618061812 dot GE4920 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVAp_rKLNravSrH81-Kx12TXq2VwwWNcDdxRQxe7Eoc8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A185E7 dot 2030100 at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLWotgkDaicuV0TYLVeMsmP6inBej6r0u8Ux4oVaL5m7xw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618152347 dot GB3974 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVdWpV4kOJFqzTvoo2ZvpGoThN773BRmKC0xzy7VvGnSQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <1407121227 dot 2942 dot 8 dot camel at yselkowitz dot redhat dot com> <CAAXzdLXhi-Osr9S-9JjUvonXpu2FqK+FZma0xetR9=9gJTVt-Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAAXzdLV40v1ztjM0t-75bDcvQwPw1pVXn5Fa5amsMt472bAUoQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <53E3BC1E dot 9090609 at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLUN+CcDJDRQVHFRtnGa48i6rPzMJhjjokVJZAcQAWrnjA at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 08/07/2014 05:04 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
The above command works fine for me. Have you tried this on a different
machine or though a different network provider?
It is an intermittent problem. I will be having timeouts with Cygwin when other
websites will be working perfectly fine. This is the typical situation
- try "cygcheck -p", timeout
- try again, will work after 15 seconds
- try again, will work after 7 seconds
- try again, will work after 1 second, as expected
After that all will be normal, until I try it again several hours later and the
process just repeats.
Interesting. OK, I've been running it in a loop for the last half-hour and
haven't seen any timeouts. I suppose there could be a difference in local
configuration if you're still seeing the issue. If you think that could be
coming into play, there may be some benefit to posting your cygcheck output
to see if that suggests something.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple