This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka at jpl dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 08:40:53 +0900
- Subject: Re: (call-process ...) hangs in emacs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK9Gx1cjj-7cDP7CunD7Bxz35L+SU9+4Ro3HRot5cwjcArudOA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140801133225 dot GD25860 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53DEDBBA dot 20102 at cornell dot edu> <20140804080034 dot GA2578 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53DF8BDC dot 8090104 at cornell dot edu> <20140804134526 dot GK2578 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53E0CC2D dot 4080305 at cornell dot edu> <20140805135830 dot GA9994 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53E11A93 dot 9070800 at cornell dot edu> <b4mppge9wp7 dot fsf at jpl dot org> <20140806084849 dot GJ13601 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
On Wed, 06 Aug 2014 10:48:49 +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 6 11:30, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
>> % ./autogen.sh
>> Running 'autoreconf -fi -I m4' ...
>> 0 [main] perl 4508 child_info_fork::abort: address space needed by 'POSIX.dll' (0x2D0000) is already occupied
> You definitely have a DLL collision. What about perlrebase?
Oh, I did never know such a help tool existence. Thanks so much!
But strangely enough, autogen.sh and perl work today without doing
anything in particular. What I did since last night was only to
shutdown and to boot the PC. Such is one of mysteries of Cygwin.
>> On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 13:55:31 -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
>>> Angelo and Katsumi, could you test it and see if it solves the
>>> problems you reported? If so, I'll issue new emacs releases.
Great! Now I'm running trunk Emacs that I built with the patch.
I also verified it runs with no problem for the batch jobs; I'm
using newly built ELisp packages, such as Gnus, for the first time
in these 7 days. Thanks a lot!
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple