This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin terminal collapse
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 03:55:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: Cygwin terminal collapse
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1408061014010 dot 20360 at antakarana dot nikhil-nair dot net>
On Aug 6, 2014, at 3:37 AM, Nikhil Nair <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
The output shows that a number of key packages are incomplete, meaning that files they own no longer exist on your system. It is not that c:\cygwin is missing, but that a small but critical subset of key Cygwin files are missing.
Most importantly, the bash and cygwin packages are broken. You need to reinstall these. I don’t know how your UI works, but those of us who can use mice click the version number in the Cygwin setup.exe package list until it says Reinstall.
Also broken are binutils and gcc-core, which will prevent you from compiling most open-source software.
You should also reinstall the openssh, pulseaudio, and texinfo packages. These might have just been dragged in as dependencies, and not be software you actually use, but there’s no sense leaving them in a broken state.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple