This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: syslog function: Bad file descriptor
- From: "D. Boland" <daniel at boland dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 19:24:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: syslog function: Bad file descriptor
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53E10628 dot 3C42FD6F at boland dot nl> <53E10A46 dot 6030302 at cygwin dot com>
"Larry Hall (Cygwin)" wrote:
> On 08/05/2014 12:28 PM, D. Boland wrote:
> > Hi group,
> > I'm still working on getting Sendmail working for Cygwin. I'm almost done, the devil
> > is in the details...
> > I'm getting the 'Bad file descriptor' system error after building the mail aliases
> > database. The building itself is done successful, but logging the event to the
> > system log fails with this message.
> Did you mention whether you've installed and configured some syslog service?
I have syslogd running from the 'inetutils-server' package.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple