This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Package file lists archive
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 22:00:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: Package file lists archive
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAAXzdLUZ-0iR4NR2j30UPJpmr4LfPtqBXfPtc7vh-nY3ZfF9Ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140527221151 dot GA6521 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <5395D00C dot 1080704 at etr-usa dot com> <CAAXzdLWmmQEvwpGFcraT=7+hwfYWRzGbj4YxegAoWScZ46-jfA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140617142906 dot GE7138 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVFNcyFRbWoWGTAaDj8C=LqvMnZQbNgDfTYCeoM=3sUfw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618061812 dot GE4920 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVAp_rKLNravSrH81-Kx12TXq2VwwWNcDdxRQxe7Eoc8Q at mail dot gmail dot com> <53A185E7 dot 2030100 at cygwin dot com> <CAAXzdLWotgkDaicuV0TYLVeMsmP6inBej6r0u8Ux4oVaL5m7xw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20140618152347 dot GB3974 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <CAAXzdLVdWpV4kOJFqzTvoo2ZvpGoThN773BRmKC0xzy7VvGnSQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Sun, 2014-08-03 at 16:07 -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
> In June I presented the idea of a "Package file lists archive" and was met with
> > I understand how the package generation would have to work and don't see a
> > major benefit to introducing a package list file given the amount of work and
> > the fact that I would have to do the work.
> However Christopher has since left the project
Please don't assume that this means that we're ready to automatically
rehash every decision he made over the last however-many years.
> I would like to revisit this issue. I would like to see if I can help in any way
> to make this happen. My work on "apt-cyg" has been hindered by the issue with
> "cygcheck --package-query"
package_grep.cgi could probably use some optimization; PTC.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple