This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Simplify AD integration?
- From: "D. Boland" <daniel at boland dot nl>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 14:28:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Simplify AD integration?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20140730134716 dot GM25860 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <53DA441F dot 2260CAE7 at boland dot nl> <53DA4FE0 dot 4020307 at redhat dot com> <53DA6326 dot 7C5690BB at boland dot nl> <1673544354 dot 20140801021235 at yandex dot ru>
Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, D. Boland!
> > I am not only a man of legacy, but also a very opinionated one. So give me some
> > slack when I say: the whole thing is insane. This would mean that from now on, I
> > have to use constructs like ~+daniel ~+SYSTEM in a Linux shell?? Bizarre.
> No, you don't have. Default domain users are unprefixed, and the chance you
> would use internal accounts for something like shell access is exactly zero.
> For the god's sake, read the thread before posting into it. Everything has
> been discussed no more than two days ago.
Yes, yes, I know. I wanted to react from the heart, without the intellectual baggage
of knowing the technical intricacies behind the problem.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple