Re: Too many mailing lists(passing the buck)

Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 03:07:37PM -0600, Warren Young wrote:
Every time someone says "That's not on topic here, go elsewhere," it
can easily be read as "Go away."  The Cygwin project should only be
pushing away toxic people, and multiple mailing lists do not have
that happy side effect.

I've never seen a reply saying "that's not on topic here, go away" that
could be read as you describe.
----
  You didn't even bother to check google?
i settled on looking at bash:
bash cygwin "off-topic" -stackoverflow

But have seen similar for X11 related.

on the first page: (all talking about the topic being wrong for the list involved).

vs. the opposite problem where a cygwin devel yanked my prob
from a cp-bug-report and closed it:

bug was related to a case-bug using cp -a and being
told it was a cygwin bug unless I could recreate it
on linux (even though the bad code was in 'cp'.)

(had to do with ignoring case, and creating it with a case
ignoring FS on linux would have been too much of a pain
(like XFS has such an option) .

project owners constantly like to pass the buck in hopes the
user will give up...usually project owners win because reporting
bugs is too much trouble.