This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems installing man-db
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 06:38:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problems installing man-db
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <53A22182 dot 9030405 at alice dot it> <53A22B52 dot 4020303 at breisch dot org> <loom dot 20140619T182955-52 at post dot gmane dot org> <loom dot 20140619T185613-259 at post dot gmane dot org> <53A37DEE dot 8050103 at breisch dot org>
Chris J. Breisch writes:
> Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Crashed the same way as the postinstall script. However, "mandb -dc" ran
>> through and the postinstall script now finishes.
> Odd. Ok, I'll do some digging into this and see what I can find. I can
> change the postinstall script to do a "mandb -dc" for now, I
> guess. The "-d" output goes to stderr, I see.
Based on the characteristics of the crash I'd say that there is a race
somewhere and the debug output serializes things enough for this not to
become a problem. It didn't even appreciably slow down the creation of
the database from what I could tell. NB: I was testing on a quad-core
w/ SSD, but the mandatory virus scanner inserts itself on each file
operation of course.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf rackAttack:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple