This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebaseall breaks some packages(?)
- From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka at jpl dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:17:53 +0900
- Subject: Re: rebaseall breaks some packages(?)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <b4mr42oujhi dot fsf at jpl dot org> <539FFC12 dot 1050903 at gmail dot com> <53A07BDA dot 2080208 at tiscali dot co dot uk>
On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 18:33:14 +0100, David Stacey wrote:
> On 17/06/14 09:28, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>> Sometime you need to full rebase from scratch.
>> Remove the rebase database /etc/rebase.db.i386
>> and rebaseall again.
>> Be sure to have not any running cygwin program
> This might happen if you updated from rebase-4.4.0 to 4.4.1. The older
> version could have corrupt addresses in its database, which would
> cause errors of the kind you've experienced. The problem would get
> worse if other packages were added. Although the code is fixed, you'll
> need to delete the rebase database and run rebaseall again as Marco
I'll try it when the trouble happens again. Thanks a lot for
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple