This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question on gcc install
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:04:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Question on gcc install
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <124B6026BBED4E07BA053A1477FEC570 at 2600kPC>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 06/17/2014 12:31 PM, Arthur Schwarz wrote:
The issue and confusion arise because I am using the Netbeans IDE, and
Netbeans requires explicit reference to the gcc, g++, fortran compilers and
assembler being used. I am running into difficulties.
Sorry, I don't know anything about how to configure build tools for Netbeans
(and doing so is an off-topic question for this list) but I will say that if
Netbeans is only going to be handing DOS-style paths to the build tools, the
Cygwin build tools won't be the ones you want to use. They really want
POSIX-style paths that Cygwin prefers. So MinGW seems to me like the thing
for you to focus on.
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple