This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rsync 3.0.9-1 -- fast, versatile file synchronizing tool
- From: Frank Fesevur <ffes at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 14:16:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: rsync 3.0.9-1 -- fast, versatile file synchronizing tool
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <announce dot 878uov7w1f dot fsf at cante dot net>
2014-06-17 10:57 GMT+02:00 Jari Aalto:
> PACKAGE DESCRIPTION
> Homepage: http://freecode.com/projects/rsync
> License : GPL-3+
> Fast and versatile file-copying tool which can copy locally and
> to/from a remote host. It offers many options to control its behavior,
> and its remote-update protocol can minimize network traffic to make
> transferring updates between machines fast and efficient. It is widely
> used for backups and mirroring and as an improved copy command for
> everyday use.
Jari, you announced 3.0.9-1 which was the version already available,
but you uploaded 3.1.0-1. I assume a copy-paste error.
Did you know that 3.1.0 has performance issues on cygwin? See almost
at the bottom of the "BUG FIXED" at
I tried to build rsync a while ago myself using cygport (I even
considered to ITA when 3.1.1 would be final). But when I ran "cygport
test" 6 test (batch-mode, chmod-option, exclude, hands, itemize and
symlink-ignore) fail with timeouts.
The 3.1.1pre1 fixes these issues. All the test that fail with 3.1.0
pass with 3.1.1pre1. I haven't tried to test your version.
And why is http://freecode.com/projects/rsync mentioned as homepage
and not http://rsync.samba.org/?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple