This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Change PS1 when running as administrator
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 21:06:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: Change PS1 when running as administrator
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAKf2h5TWGDwFj-wCav6Skqae+iaLHHtsGBWy1sS9v-PcaJxh3Q at mail dot gmail dot com>
Frank Fesevur writes:
> When I run as administrator I change my PS1 from "$" to "#" with these
> line in ~/.bashrc.
> if id -Gn | grep -i Administrators > /dev/null
If anything I'd check for membership in group 544. "Administrators"
surely is one of these strings that gets localized depending on the
phase of the moon or something. I can't look right now, but I'm pretty
sure it says "Administratoren" in a german Windows version.
> If more people like this idea, maybe it could included in /etc/bash.bashrc?
I'll have to think about it, but I lean toward putting it into profile.d
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Waldorf MIDI Implementation & additional documentation:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple